Thursday, March 13, 2008
The Car Smash
Now that everything is settled down, I have time to reflect on the January 15th wreck of the Olds Alero. At the time it was a VERY big deal. I hit a slick piece of ice in 70 mph winds. It tossed my little car into the path of an on comming car. Wham... he hit my rear passenger side with his front passenger side. He had an old Ford with a number of paint colors and my flawless Alero was totaled. I had just purchased a fine loaf of bread, that on impact was smashed with my head.....but when the tow truck came to pick the car up.... I for some unknown reason packed my loaf of fine bread in my lap in the cab of the tow truck, and later carried it into the body shop office of the dealer. I still had that fine loaf of smashed bread in my arms when Amber picked me up...... "Amber, don't ask me about the bread. I don't know why I've packed it all over today." Anyway, I ended up at the emergency room to have my right hand checked. It was very swollen, and I didn't know if I had broken it. They took my blood pressure and told me it was 157/115 and although my hand wasn't broken, I better take care of the blood pressure. For about a week I had my blood pressure taken every day.... No change! No doubt about it it was dangerously high - normal is 120/80 STROKE HIGH! Don't know how long it had been that high, but my cancer medications apparently drove it up (chemo sucks) and I didn't know that I should be watching it. Anyway, to make a long story short.....I went to the doctor and now my blood pressure is normal.....and I'm starting to lose about a pound a week.....my cancer meds were also causing about a pound a month weight gain. This July I can become a Cancer Survivor if all goes well. And I'm SOOOOOO Glad I had a car accident...... and found out what I needed to do. Becides I have a Great New Car! It's a beauty and so is my blood pressure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, a cancer survivor. I'm glad we have finally come to that point. Lets play it safe from now on.
love ya, mom
Post a Comment