Certainly Celery

Voting

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bad Day At Black Rock

Thursday August 28th 2008. Bad Day at Black Rock Day! Earlier in the week a letter had been distributed to the residents where I live. A state agency was investigating a situation at the Village. Perhaps a resident needed more care than Independent Living was providing in a 55 and over "Retirement Community". I took a few personal attacks from neighbors !- HOA presidency. During that time a couple of the residents took their complaints to the Bishop... Relief Society President out of town to her daughter's wedding.... I'm in the Relief Society Presidency... Took a hit there! Thursday an employee, friend and neighbor was downsized.
Took a hit there! An hour later my sister called and said that my Mom had had a stroke and was hospitilized. Not Good! AT FIVE I DID A RIBBON CUTTING FOR A NEIGHBORHOOD PARK - AND WITH A SMILE ON MY FACE! Life is a challenge sometimes...... I was in bed by 9:00 p.m. emotionally drained, but at peace!

3 comments:

Ken and Heather Meads said...

Mom, I'm so sorry. You really have been doing so much for the benefit of everyone there and no one seems to take any thought of it into consideration. I guess they needed a scape goat to take out their frustrations on, and you were never made aware of your election. You're awesome to have smiled through it! I hope they soon realize you have been doing your best, and that's more than they are willing to do in understanding. I'll hope for some sort of future resolution. Love you! -Heather

Julie said...

Thats terrible..what a rough day!! I am sorry all that happened to you! When it rains it pours..It is so hard to put a smile on when things are hard but! Hopefully you have a better week ahead!
Keep us posted!

Eight Is Great! said...

That was a rough day. Hopefully it will only get better. (Work, Grandma, co-workers etc...)